Friday, October 16, 2009

Day LI

Last weekend I went on the Garden Route, a trip up the southeastern coast towards Port Elizabeth. It was remarkable, to say the least. the scenery was incredible, and the hostel we stayed at was excellent. Here is a picture of the Fairly Knowe "Backpacker's" (hostel).



The highlight of my weekend was also the most terrifying thing I've ever done. I jumped the world's biggest Bunjy jump at Bloukrans, this continent's largest bridge. Click on this one(and all the other ones) for the full effect.



The free fall was 5 seconds long, and the total height is about 216 meters/700 feet. For me, this eclipsed sky-diving totally - you guys, I almost pissed myself. It was absurd! I didn't purchase the pictures, but I got the DVD. I'll hopefully get that up here at some point!

Mom, I'm sorry.


The next day the group went to an animal conservation ranch, which was a fun time. Many beautiful animals.














Lion in the fetal, gotta love it!



At the end of the tour, I was given a chance to play with some of the animals. Very cool.




Great weekend! This is quite a beautiful country. Have a look.


1 comment:

  1. Quite remarkable indeed, Davis. Your adventure seems to be going from one extraordinary experience to another! Hope all is well with Simba and the other animals. Peace and love, Thos.

    ReplyDelete